Meaning of Terse:
- To speak in an abrupt or curt manner.
Use Terse in a sentence :
- Her terse replies to my questions did not encourage me to talk any further.
- A good suspense story requires a good plot and a terse style.
Terse in Hindi :
Meaning of Tentative:
- To be not very sure about something. To be hesitant and uncertain.
Use Tentative in a sentence :
- I just now gave our wedding planner, the tentative dates.
- Our plans are quite tentative this evening.
Tentative in Hindi :
Meaning of Tenacious:
- Refers to someone who is persistent and stubborn. It also means having a firm grip on something.
Use Tenacious in a sentence :
- A good detective must be tenacious and should also have sharp instincts.
- Rocky was very tenacious just as a dog ought to be.
Tenacious in Hindi :
Meaning of Temerity:
- To be reckless, bold and rash.
Use Temerity in a sentence :
- He does have the temerity to ride a wild horse.
- It was not until the race started that I realized that I had enough temerity to win the race.
Temerity in Hindi :
Meaning of Surmise:
- To think and to form an opinion or an idea.
Use Surmise in a sentence :
- We were able surmise that all was not well in their household from the monosyllabic replies given by their daughter-in-law.
- I surmise you have never been this wild ever before.
Surmise in Hindi :
Meaning of Sublime:
- Something that inspires awe and admiration through its beauty.
Use Sublime in a sentence :
- She just used simple spices and fresh vegetables to create a sublime dish.
- The Prince of Wales declared that the company of Wallis Simpson gave him sublime joy
Sublime in Hindi :
Meaning of Stoic:
- To be unmoved or unaffected by joy or sorrow.
Use Stoic in a sentence :
- There was a stoic resignation in her face, when she realized that her husband is never coming back to her.
- The British Royal family remained stoic and maintained a stiff upper lip until the media started portraying them as heartless monsters.
Stoic in Hindi :
Meaning of Sanguine:
- To have a cheerful and optimistic disposition.
Use Sanguine in a sentence :
- Despite the many setbacks that her company experienced, she is quite sanguine about its prospects.
- Though the fund managers seem quite sanguine about the market, it is still a risk to invest in stocks.
Sanguine in Hindi :
Meaning of Sagacious:
- To have a keen judgement and foresight.
Use Sagacious in a sentence :
- Perry Mason is a very sagacious lawyer with good business acumen.
- My grandfather was a sagacious man with keen instincts.
Sagacious in Hindi :
Meaning of Respite:
- To get some relief or interval from something.
Use Respite in a sentence :
- She has been taking care of her invalid employer without any respite for over two years now.
- There are many people who offer respite care services to the caretakers of elderly and disabled.
Respite in Hindi :